Stryker’s Bookshelf: What to read next
Updated: Jan 8
Meet Erin Fogarty, Stryker's Women's Network (SWN) champion and lead of the SWN Bookclub. Join us as we sit down with Erin to discover books that will illuminate and inspire.
Can you tell us a little about the origins of the SWN Bookclub?
The SWN Bookclub took flight in 2019 and is hosted in partnership with our very own Stryker Leadership and Development program. It began with five ambitious women who decided to host a session to share their favorite book, and the impact it had on their careers and lives. Since then it has grown by leaps and bounds and is now featured in regular podcasts for Stryker’s sales reps in the field. What are your current recommendations? Here’s a list of our top picks for 2019 and 2020 to date:
· The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
· Trillion Dollar Coach by Alan Eagle, Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg
· Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
· When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
· Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
· The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle
· The One Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan
· Grit by Angela Duckworth
· Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
Is there anything else you would like to share?
This is great way to receive book recommendations from our very own senior leaders. I have found their insight and takeaways, whether personal or professional, to be extremely impactful. Additionally, it is an incredible opportunity for our field-based reps and something I look forward to each month it is hosted.
To learn more about a career with Stryker, SWN and its membership benefits such as networking opportunities and access to resources to help grow your career, visit careers.stryker.com